Energy Efficiency Studies and Reports
- The Lawrence Berkeley National Lab explains what energy efficiency is
- Find out how Energy Star is a powerful resource for energy efficiency
- Learn more about energy efficiency in your home with Energy Star’s home assessment
- Energy Savers offers tips on saving money and energy at home
- What people are saying about energy efficiency
- Quick tips
- Green Home Guide [ReGreen] – Residential Remodeling Guildlines developed ASID & USGBC — Green Home Guide
- Energy Savers offers information on water efficiency and saving on energy costs
- The US Department of Energy has information for Household Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Vehicles, & Government programs
- Information on tax credits/incentives, the State Energy program, associations of green builders, household tips, green fuel sources for vehicles, etc
- The EPA explains the benefits of energy efficiency and assessing energy efficiency potential for studies
- See our National Plan for Energy Efficiency: Vision for 2025
- Learn more about the EPA’s National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency, including State & Local Programs and policy guidelines for establishing & implementing energy efficiency programs
- Find out about the DOE’s Better Buildings, Better Plants Program that promotes energy efficiency in manufacturing plants
- SEE Action analyzes Strategic Energy Management for State and Local Governments
- SEE Action provides resource briefs for Local Policymakers, State Energy Officials, State Policy Makers, and Utility Commissioners
- Funding opportunities from SECO for experts in energy efficiency and financial incentives for state policy makers
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory report entitled Who Should Administer Energy Efficiency Programs?
- The DOE’s guide of resources for energy efficiency and renewable energy vendors
- The Texas Public Policy Foundation’s Guide to Energy Efficiency for Legislators (2011-2012)
- Environmental Defense Fund’s Policy Summary on the Costs and Benefits of Building Energy Efficiency Investments in Texas
- SECO resources for energy efficient mortgages and the Housing Partnership program
Texas Energy Efficiency
- Texas’ energy efficiency accomplishments reports
- Electric Utility Marketing Managers of Texas’ report on their Energy Efficiency Implementation Project
- Includes energy efficiency portfolio overview by utility, and statewide results
- SECO’s Texas Renewable Energy Resource Assessment (2008)
- SECO’s Texas Energy Report (2008)
- SECO’s Home Energy Efficiency Report (2008)
- The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) details Texas’ energy-efficiency policies.
- Texas Office of Public Utility Counsel’s information on energy efficiency and resources for state-wide consumers
- American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity details the Energy Cost Impacts on Texas Families
Studies and Reports
- ACEEE released an article explaining how investments will provide cheaper energy than creating new power plants.
- The Edison Foundation’s study on the shifting landscape of ratepayer-funded energy efficiency in the U.S.
- The Edison Foundation’s study on implementing energy efficiency, a program delivery comparison.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory discusses delivering energy efficiency to middle income single family households.
- The National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency reports on Energy Efficiency as a Low-Cost Resource for Achieving Carbon Emissions Reductions and discusses Consumer Perspectives on the Regulation of Energy Efficiency Investments
- Entergy-Texas details The Economic Development Impacts of Home Energy Assistance
- Information and resources for low-income energy consumer advocates
- Entergy-Texas describes the value of energy efficiency for economic development
- Report on Energy Efficiency Services Sector: Workforce Size and Expectations for Growth
- McKinsey & Company’s report on Unlocking Energy Efficiency in the US Economy
- Spring Energy Efficiency Tips (video)
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s report on Energy Efficiency Policy in the United States: Overview of Trends at Different Levels of Government
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s report on A Comparative Review of a Dozen National Energy Plans: Focus on Renewable and Efficient Energy
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s report entitled Clean Energy Policy Analysis: Analysis of the Status and Impact of Clean Energy Policies at the Local Levels
- A report on the utility benefits of homes approaching “zero energy”