Energy Efficient Gadgets
Decorative Light Strings for Consumers
Did You Know?
If all decorative light strings sold in America this year were ENERGY STAR qualified, we would save over 700 million kWh of electricity per year and reduce greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to those from about 100,000 cars!
- consume 70% less energy than conventional incandescent lights strands.
- can last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent strands.
- are cool to the touch, reducing the risk of fire.
- do not have moving parts, filaments or glass, so they are much more durable and shock-resistant than other light strings.
- are available in a variety of colors, shapes and lengths.
- come with a three-year warranty, meaning fewer light string replacements.
- are independently tested to meet strict lifetime and electrical requirements.
- products labeled for outdoor use are subjected to weathering tests.
- some models deliver features such as dimming or color shifting.
Many ENERGY STAR qualified decorative light strings feature LED technology. What is an LED?
- Light emitting diodes, or LEDs, are small light sources that are illuminated by the movement of electrons through a semiconductor material.
- LEDs are exceptionally energy efficient when producing individual colors, many using up to 90% less energy than an incandescent bulb to produce the same amount of light.
- For example, the amount of electricity consumed by just one 7-watt incandescent bulb could power 140 LEDs — enough to light two 24-foot (7.3-meter) strings.
Tagged Christmas LEDs, Christmas Lighting, Energy Conservation, Energy Efficiency, Energy Efficient Christmas Lights, Energy Efficient Lighting, Energy Savings, Energy Star, Energy STAR Lighting, LEDs, Lighting Savings, Texas is Hot, TexasIsHot